Saturday, January 16, 2010

What knowledge and skills should a CEO have in order for him to control workplace industrial relations?

If you can help me I would appreciate it but plz don’t give me that crap about ';do your own homework'; because I’m not in school anymore.


I’ll appreciate it if you can give me references if you don’t want to give the information to me straight.





Thank you!!!!What knowledge and skills should a CEO have in order for him to control workplace industrial relations?
Maybe this will help you out (I've taken the info off of a web-page, although from my experience, I would agree with most of the points presented.)





';While every organization is unique and will have a distinctive set of appropriate qualifications for a CEO, some generalizations apply that can help narrow the search in a crowded and competitive field. First, the “New Age” CEO must be all the things that successful leaders have been in the recent past: experienced, well-educated and intelligent, and articulate. But those attributes alone will no longer suffice in playing the game successfully. In addition, he or she must have the ability to inspire others through a highly personal process that encompasses passion, empathy, integrity, stamina and flexibility in a variety of social settings and situations.';





';Some have termed this process “Emotional Quotient,” or “EQ.” I prefer to think of it as “Social Quotient” or “SQ which is a broader view of the needed attributes encompassing personal discipline and values as well as an empathetic sensibility that is capable of bridging opposing perspectives in pursuit of consensus and forward direction. This set of qualities allows a CEO to move quickly and successfully in a complex, many-layered and very fast-paced environment.';





';We have long known that intelligence is an essential component of leadership; but, more so now than ever before, IQ is merely the price of admission into senior management. What sets executives apart and takes them to the next level is SQ.';





';Of course, it is much more difficult to predict for or assess SQ than the more traditional qualities of leadership. In assisting my clients during this initial phase of definition, I interview them extensively about their needs and expectations to pinpoint the kinds of criteria that will add up to a successful candidate. I also speak to many members of the organization to get a feel of the culture and understand the dynamics of the team. Using our proprietary databases and extensive behavioral interviews I seek out and assess executives who fit the criteria. In the interviews, I look for a number of qualities, including candor, self-awareness and the ability to admit failure – all hallmarks of a high SQ.” Also, during the process, extensive reference checking is used to validate the behaviour of the individual at all levels.';





I hope this helps you out!What knowledge and skills should a CEO have in order for him to control workplace industrial relations?
knowledge of psychology, collective bargaining, labor law, team leading and building, understand emotion quotients (EQ) and yet be fair firm and consistent in dealing with others. just Look up the topics and get books that cover these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment